Saturday, March 3, 2012

Foto Finish - Growing

I got to sleep in this morning.  And other than putting in a load of jeans to wash because Drama Teen has none clean, there is no need to rush around this morning.  My only plan is to wreck a little havoc with my stash numbers, there's a 40% off sale at nearby quilt shop.  With the price of fabric these days, that's a hard sale to pass up.  You'll have to check out tomorrow's stash report to see just how much the damage is.  


This week's Foto Finish theme is "growing".  I tried to find a clever interpretation, but alas, my brain appears to have lost it's higher cognitive powers (assuming it ever had any).  So I went with the obvious.  




I love looking at the new growth on trees.  About this time of year, the trees start to look just a little fuzzy as the new leave buds pop out and start to flower.  I have no idea what kind of tree this is.  The picture was taken over Spring Break last year when we were in Hot Springs Arkansas.  


Check out the links over at Cat Patches for more growth opportunities.  

12 comments:

Pat said...

Spring is one of my favorite seasons, along with summer and fall...and winter when I don't have to go out. Seriously I love the spring when everything is coming into bloom. Great shot!

Barbara said...

That's one of my favorite sights in nature...new growth. I love it when the trees start blooming. Have fun shopping!

Maree said...

The colours are so gorgeous and soft.

Maree said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maree said...

The colours are so gorgeous and soft.

Marg said...

Spring is my favourite season. It is lovely seeing the new growth.
40% off, go for it, that's something you can't miss.

Shelia said...

I love the new look to your blog. I finished my blocks yerterday, I used civil war repoductions. The fabrics you chose are great.

Wendy said...

I love seeing the blossoms just beginning to bud.

Shay said...

I love seeing new growth on trees and in the flowers . It means Spring is on the way and I bet you're looking forward to it after your winter.

Shay said...

Oh and by the way 40% off is totally worth blowing the fabric budget for !

Anonymous said...

It's just simply a beautiful photo!! I love it when things are all in bloom. Won't be long before we start to see lots of color around here.

Quiltsmiles said...

The color combination from this Spring photo would be incrdible for a quilt. Thanks for another inspiration. Jane