Wednesday, July 31, 2013

July 2013 NewFO

It's already the end of July!  How did that happen?  We had a lot going on this month with trips to my Mom's, My Guy's Mom's and then vacation.  Not a lot of at home time.  I knew at the beginning of the month that if I wanted to link up with Cat Patch's NewFO Challenge, I'd need to plan ahead.  Quilt number 8 on my 2013 NewFO list is Christmas Angels.  This project was also number 3 on my 2012 NewFO list, so I decided it was time to get it started.  I bought the background, red and green fabric for this project in 2012, but that was as far as I had gotten. 



I didn't have a pattern.  Finally after fooling around in EQ for a bit I worked out a two block design that I liked.  I need 60 4 patches to complete all of the  #1 blocks.  I've got about a third of them made.



So not a lot of progress, but it is at least started.  That's the only requirement to participate in the July NewFO Challenge over at Cat Patches, is to have made a start.  If you have something new going on this month, you should link up too.  

10 comments:

Oddbjørg said...

Look forward to see your quilt!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love the angels and 2 block quilts always look great- look forward to your progress.

Ray and Jeanne said...

The angel fabric is great! Can't wait to see where you end up with this. You are working with some great textured fabric. ~Jeanne

Barbara said...

Looking good, Kate. Starts, not progress. That's where it's at for this challenge. Glad you linked up. This project has waited long enough.

Harriett said...

Love your angel fabric. Great start

Mary said...

Good start with 4-patches. Nice to work on your list.

Shay said...

You'll knock those four patches off in no time!

Marti said...

I really like those angels. Is that part of the block also pieced?

Tami C said...

The angels are really cute! Can't wait to see your quilt.

Junebug613 said...

I like the angels! I'm sure you'll get those blocks done in no time.