Sunday, March 5, 2017

Stash Report - Week 9 of 2017

March weather around here really does live up to that Oscar Hammerstein line "Oklahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the plain".  Though it was fairly warm, it was hard to be outside due to the wind. A perfect day to spend in the sewing room, which I took full advantage of.  Though I didn't do as much sewing as I did fabric washing and pressing.  The backing fabric for Geometry and the fabrics for The First Amendment quilt needed to be washed and pressed.  The backing got pressed, but this is what's left in that freshly washed pile. 



Not all of the pile is for the new quilt project, some of it is fat quarters for this month's Rainbow Scrap Project blocks.  I keep saying I have no reds to work with, well there were a bunch in the "to be washed" bin in the fabric closet, so they got added to the load.  

I did eventually get back to the sewing machine yesterday and pieced the backing for Geometry.  That yardage is most of what went out this week.  

Used this week:  4.63 yards
Used year to date:  18.58 yards
Added year to date:  59.05 yards
Net added:  40.47 yards

I'm slowly working my way back to the stash busting side of stash management. 

We were on the go a lot this week, so my evening stitching time was pretty much limited to just 15 minutes.  Thankfully, I'm still hand stitching the binding onto Poinsettias.  That's something easy to pick up and put down as I had the time.  For the year I've managed to sew for 63 of the 63 days in 2017.  That's the best I've ever done on finding time to stitch.  

Today is set up for the 5th graders science demonstration workshops.  I'll be spending my afternoon wrestling room dividers and tables.  I'm hoping to get some stitching time in later this evening.  Linking up with Patchwork Times for this weeks Stash Report.   

5 comments:

Melsquiltingblog said...

You are doing awesome. I should keep track, but I don't think I'd do well this year.

Joy D. said...

Great job, Kate! Every little bit helps. Those reds look fantastic, and I look forward to seeing them in your RSC blocks.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

washing fabrics is not my thing--I do laundry flannel though as I know it strinks a bit--so I do always wash that one--
congrats on getting the Geometry quilt backing done--
just one more quilt to go--
hope the afternoon went well with the kids--
enjoy the moments, di

Jennifer said...

Hope the science fair set up went well! It is so impressive to me that you've made time for stitching every day this year - you must be making good progress, even if only 15 minutes at a time! Hope this week is a good one for you.

Katie Z. said...

You're doing great! Once you finish the graduation quilts, you'll be rocking and rolling.