Sunday, September 3, 2017

Stash Stuff for Week 35 of 2017

It's been a busy weekend so far.  The Scientist in Training is home for the weekend, she's finishing off her diving certificate.  So we've been hanging out at the pool for that. Today it will be the lake so she can finish her open water dives.  So not much machine sewing going on, but I did get to spend some time with my long term embroidery project.  The second butterfly is almost finished.


I hope to finish off the rest of the wing while the SIT is diving this morning. 

We did a little shopping yesterday while we were out and about.  I wrangled a visit to the quilt shop as my stash of grays didn't yield anything that could be used as the background for Geek Chic.  I found that and a couple of fun patterns too. 


I'd have been in good shape except for ambling into the mark down room.  Since I had just decided to use a white with red print for alternate star blocks for the Red, White, and Blue Star quilt, I couldn't pass up these red and white goodies that will help finish off that project. 




Since I've decided to concentrate on the positive part of this year's stash management goal, we'll just look at what went out.  

Fabric used this week: 3.96 yards
Fabric used year to date:  46.54 yards

The backing for the Scrappy Coffee Cup quilt helped a lot with the stash numbers this week. In terms of finding time to stitch, this week there were 6 out of 7 days with stitching going on.  That brings it to 214 out of 245 days for 2017. That's a 87% success rate. I'm hoping to get back to the low 90s by the end of the year.  This summer has been insanely busy.  I'm hoping that autumn will proceed with a much more mellow pace.  

Linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday and with Quiltpaintcreate for this week's stash report.  

17 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Great projects, that butterfly is going to be lovely.

Julie in GA said...

Yum, I love those red and white fabrics! They will be great additions to your RWB Stars quilt.

Barbara said...

Such pretty reds and whites. Congratulations to SIT for finishing her diving certification!

Julierose said...

Love your butterfly--I have that quilt, but it didn't come with any color chart or floss (!;{{{--I found it on ebay) so, the first thing I'll have to do is figure out what colors...hugs, julierose

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I seem to have all the fabric I need--
until I go to do a new project--
and then nothing works that is in the stash--
soooo--
happy stitching-enjoy the moments, di

Anonymous said...

Love the red and white prints. It's always good to have a handwork project ready to go. Looks great.

CathieJ said...

I envy you being able to find so much stitching time. Wow. I love those patterns and those red/white fabrics are great. Your butterfly is almost finished. Enjoy all of your stitching.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Those are beautiful reds. They are going to make super stars.

Katie Z. said...

Way to go!

Sandra Walker said...

All these stats! You've been hanging out with the SIT LOL! Love Schnibbles by Carrie, have one or maybe two of her books, so good. Good scores in the mark down room, my fave spot of an quilt shop! I should keep track of stitching days, that is a cool idea. As for stash in/out, NOPE. I already know more comes in than goes out!

Marti said...

Love the top middle red and white fabric. Do you have your certificate so you can go on dive trips with SIT?

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

What gorgeous reds!

Cheryl said...

I love the embroidery, what a great hand project.

Janice Holton said...

Every time I see those pieced dresses, I just love them and study each and every one. The star blocks look incredible! Love the layout you chose.

Sharon - IN said...

Nice stitchery to have along while your SIT is underwater. My son when younger talked of getting a divers license but he has taken to the sky and working on a pilots license.

Rose Prairie Quilts and Farm said...

I had picked up that pattern with bird also. A sweet one

Anonymous said...

thank you for this your broadcast provided bright clear concept..
ทองดีฟันขาว