Saturday, November 4, 2017

Rainbow Scrap Challenge - Catching Up a Little Bit at a Time

It was nice to wake up this morning and realize it was Saturday.  Work has been really stressful the last few weeks, waking up to the weekend has been a very welcome reprieve. Just one more week on the end of year stuff and then we'll be in the slow down part of the year as the holidays approach.

Angela has declared that November's Rainbow Scrap Challenge focus is darks or you can use it as catch up and assembly month if you don't need darks.  Since my background is black and I'm behind, my blocks fall into both categories this month.  I'm still working on September's orange blocks.  


  

Seven done, with 4 more at the machine in various states of assembly.  So just 5 more orange blocks to need to be started.  Then I've got 16 of the magenta blocks to make before I can start assembling the quilt.  Thankfully I've got some vacation that has to be used and I'll get a few Fridays off in the coming weeks.  Hopefully I can do some significant catching up in that time.  I'd like to have a finished flimsy by the end of the year.  

I've already jumped ahead to contemplating what block/project to make for the 2018 RSC.  No problem with finding lots of inspiration.  But how do you pick just one?  

Linking up with Soscrappy for the first Rainbow Scrap Challenge linky for November.   On Sunday, also linking up with Oh Scrap

20 comments:

scraphappy said...

Glad you are going to have some extra time off. Having to use up vacation time sounds like a great problem to have.

Mari said...

What bright, happy blocks. Going to be an awesome quilt! And who says you need just one RSC project? :)

gayle said...

I'm really looking forward to this quilt!
And how is it possible to have only one RSC project going? (It's certainly beyond me!)

Monica said...

These blocks look so good, and I think the whole quilt is going to be so strong and dynamic. Getting close!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

NIce colorful blocks--how to pick just one--write down each name of the block--then put them in a basket and have SIT pick one next time she is home!!
enjoy the moments, di

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh, those bright cheery orange scraps! Nice combo when paired with that BLACK background for November's Color of Month for the RSC.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

These are looking great teamed up with the black. Look forward to seeing all your RSC blocks together, it'll be quite striking!

Pamela Arbour said...

I have enjoyed seeing your blocks each month.

Katie Z. said...

Woohoo! You’re doing so well getting these blocks made. I’m looking forward to seeing the layout.

make.share.give said...

Love all the oranges. Colton was up for a half-hour this morning before he realized it was Saturday :)

make.share.give said...

Love all the oranges. Colton was up for a half-hour this morning before he realized it was Saturday :)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love those blocks! I think all of us are excited to see what the layout will look like. Hope you're enjoying the weekend!

Alison V. said...

These look awesome! I can't wait to see them all together!

I am already thinking about what to do for next year as well! I'm planning to do a rainbow themed QAL next year, so that might factor into my plans as well. :)

Linda said...

Love your black and orange blocks. I wonder what block you will choose for 2018?

Barbara said...

Black and orange...if I'm remembering right those are SIT's school colors(?) I'm curious to see what you're doing with your RSC blocks this time around. They're interesting.

Jayne said...

This might be the first year that I've become aware of the RSC challenge and have been intrigued with everyones that I have seen. It's hard to think of 2018 already, but it's coming faster than we think! Your blocks are coming together beautifully!

Cathy said...

Good luck on getting that flimsy together. I'm anxious to see the final outcome.

And who says you have to pick just one RSC project!

Kristin said...

These orange blocks are so striking! I can't wait to see all the colors together! xoxo

Bonnie said...

Let us know what you decide -- maybe I'll be copying you! This is the first year I've actually made it through the Scrap Challenge. I'm a bit behind too but I'm catching up. Those orange and black blocks look fabulous.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I can never choose just one project for RSC. So I try to keep the blocks simple so I can do many. But then again my finished quilts are not as cute as yours ;)