Sunday, January 28, 2018

Week 4 of 2018: 15 Minutes to Stitch and Stash Reports

It's been much warmer the last few days.  But it is January, so that won't last much longer.  We have the potential for snow by the end of this week.  Still it was nice to have weather in the 60's for a couple of days.  As the weather has gotten warmer, I've been feeling better.  The cough is almost gone and my energy level has returned.  Which made for a nice weekend of stitching.  Even better, we had Friday off.

The stash report definitely benefited from the additional time off this week.  

Fabric used this week:  4.95 yards
Fabric used in 2018:  8.02 yards
Fabric purchased in 2018:  0 yards
Net fabric out for 2018:  8.02 yards

Most of the outgoing fabric this week comes from piecing the backing for Geek Chic.



Now there are just a few strips and partial fat quarters left over from this project.  One my challenges is trying to buy just what I need for a project and not much more.  It's another area of stash management I'm still trying to master.  

Linking up with Quiltpaintcreate for the weekly stash report.  

The stash report is headed in the right direction.  So is the effort to find at least 15 minutes to stitch each day. 



 Work was a bit slower this week, so no homework.   That made it easy to climb the stairs each day.  

Days with stitching this week:  7 out of 7 (Sunday to Saturday)
Days with stitching this month:  27 out of 27 
Days with stitching this year:  27 out of 27
Success Rate:  100%

How did you do at fitting stitching time into your schedule?


1. Sharon
2. Melissa G
3. Julie in GA
4. maggie f
5. Meloney
6. Val:)
7. Shasta
8. MartiDIY
9. newsurfiegirl
10. Susanne
11. Christina's Handicrafts

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great numbers so early in the year. You're also doing well on the 15 minutes. It makes a big difference.

maggie fellow said...

I look forward to the cough going away. great that you are getting so much done.

Julie in GA said...

Your stash numbers are looking great! Can't wait to see Geek Chic.
I'm glad you are feeling better and finding the energy to get into the sewing room every day.

Marti said...

I love that backing fabric! I've never seen so many chemistry related fabrics. That is going to be such a neat quilt.

Louise said...

I love all the geeky science fabric you've found for the SIT's quilt! I have a stash of similar themes and a WIP that needs to get finished that features lots of nerdy pieces :)

Cheryl said...

Great numbers to start the new year! I am bad at buying more fabric than I need for a quilt, I am always afraid of making a cutting error and not having enough fabric.

Angie in SoCal said...

Five out of Seven for me this week. Life was very busy around here. Great numbers on your de-stashing.

Preeti said...

Sending you hugs and feel-good vibes!!!

Emily said...

Wow, 100% I'm impressed!

Jennifer said...

Great reports on both fronts! Glad you are feeling better too.

Sandy Panagos said...

Wow, stitching every day. You go, Girl!